The Engineering Technology Program at Tri-County is designed to provide qualified students, who are interested in pursuing an engineering or technical path in college, with the foundation of a broad but highly specialized education in engineering technologies. This would make these students better qualified for the admission to and better prepared in the study of these highly technical fields than a typical high school path.
With a hands-on exploratory approach and using state of the art technologies and tools, students are introduced to various engineering concepts such as Engineering Design, Three Dimensional Solid Modeling, Digital Circuitry, and Automation. They will learn how to acquire engineering fundamental knowledge and practices, and how to develop their analytical skills and their logical thought process. During the program, the students will be introduced to various fields of engineering such as Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc. This program will climax in a Senior Year project that will test their ability to solve real-world problems in engineering using their learned problem solving skills and techniques.
Engineering core curriculum will consist of a combination of the following courses:
- Principles of Engineering – helps students understand the field of engineering/engineering technology
- Digital Electronics – encompasses the application of electronic circuits and devices. Computer simulation software is used to design and test digital circuitry
- Introduction to Engineering Design – teaches problem-solving skills using a design development process. Models of product solutions are created, analyzed and communicated using solid modeling computer design software
- Civil Engineering and Architecture – provides an overview of the fields of Civil Engineering and Architecture using state of the art software to solve real world problems and communicate solutions to hands-on projects and activities
- Aerospace Engineering – will introduce students to the world of aeronautics, flight, and engineering
- Computer Integrated Machining – utilizes state of the art milling machine technology to design and produce specially designed parts.