FAQs for Parents

Frequently Asked Questions from Parents

Q:  What are the residency requirements in order to attend Tri-County (TC)?
A:  The student must be a resident in one of the following towns in order to be eligible to apply: Franklin, Medfield, Medway, Millis, Norfolk, North Attleboro, Plainville, Seekonk, Sherborn, Walpole, and Wrentham. If accepted, proof of residency will be required.
Q:  What percentage of TC students attend college?
A:  About 66% each year.  
Q:  Can TC students attend college without four years of a foreign language?
A:The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education provides a Vocational/Technical School waiver re: foreign language to the Massachusetts State Colleges. Other courses that TC students take are substituted. Private colleges both in and out of state usually waive the requirement but may require the student to meet their requirement while in college. Out of state public four-year institutions may deny admission if there is an in-state foreign language requirement without waiver provisions.
Q:  Are Tri-County students accepted to competitive colleges?
A:  Yes. A complete list is available in the Guidance Office. Graduates enroll in various colleges such as U.S. Coast Guard Academy, Providence College, George Washington University, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Johnson and Wales, Northeastern, UMass, and other state and community colleges.
Q:  Does TC help students obtain Co-op jobs?
A:  Yes. The Co-op Counselor assists the student in job development. An extensive job bank is maintained.
Q:  Do TC students receive scholarships?
A:  At graduation, TC students received scholarships and tool awards in excess of $750,000